Sunday, July 6, 2008

Learning

My little grand daughter who is only four years old performed on stage yesterday. She learns ballet and took part in four items performed on stage for which tickets were sold. It was such an exhilirating experience for me. As a student of life, I watched with amazement the innocence of childhood. The mind of a child is so free, everthing is done without any motive attached to anything. Her getting ready, changing outfits in quick succession, waiting in the queue to go on stage everything was done so precisely with the simple objective of going up on stage and performing. I could see that none of the children expected any rewards, they were just doing what they were expected to do. Between their acts all the children were running around and playing, without any tension. At the end of the performance each of the little performer got a little teddy bear as a memento. There was so much happiness on the little bright face of my grand daughter when she came back into the green room, that I find I do not have the right words to describe that expression. She had been in the theatre from eleven in the morning, she had two shows on that day, and she got free only around ten in the night.

All the world is indeed a stage and we are all playing our role in it. If we can write our own script and enact the role as per our own desire then there is nothing better than that. If we can play our role without attaching any motives and expecting rewards, life would be very fulfilling, because whatever we get, would then be a bonus. I wish I too can lead my life as simply as this philosophy sounds.

In my journey through life, I have seen different facets of different kind of people. Some people plan everthing in their life. A few have ulterior motives attached, some may want property, some may want to replace someone else, some may want to show their power. Some other people live totally confused lives. They are always seeking and dont know what they want. Come to think of it, I think this is the category to which I belong. I dont know what I want. All that I know is that I dont want to be just a passerby on this planet. I want to make my life meaningful.

We all pay for our past deeds in this very life itself. What we sow in our life we will reap ourselves. I know I have this one life to live, once I die I will simply finish, only to live in the memories of some people. Some will remember me happily, a few will remember me just like that.

I wish to learn from these different experiences. I wish and want to make my life better.

1 comment:

triloki nagpal said...

Read your artcle - very philosophical - but why the negative feelings and talking of death?

Related Posts with Thumbnails