Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Inner wisdom

In the editorial page of Times of India today the 9th of July, there is a thought provoking article about God and Religion. God has always been a matter of interest for me. How this thought rules the lives of almost all the people inhabiting planet earth, is mind boggling.

All future deeds, actions, plans, atonement for past deeds, depend upon this one word-God!
We all want to depend upon an external strength of support. In times of sorrow, anguish, dilemma, fear or depression, I as most others would want a supporting pillar of strength, who would guide me out of the darkness and lead me to light. I feel most of us trust the one called "God" and seek his intervention. It is said that one has to only seek within oneself and the fountain of wisdom, strength, guidance will be available to us. Instead of taking credit for this solving of our own problems we simply relinquish the good done by our ownself and give away the honours to the one whom we call God.
Is it our modesty or low self esteem or ignorance about our ownself that makes us not acknowledge our wisdom?
My wisdom which comes with age, experience in my daily life, interaction with people, the changing seasons, the different aspects of nature, the beautiful earth which I inhabit. All these teach me a lesson every day. How I react to others, how they react to me, gives me feedback every day. All this information, experience, makes me what I am. All this helps me to deal with every issue in my own way. Each person therefore reacts to a situation in a different way. Its the result of each persons different experience on earth.

1 comment:

triloki nagpal said...

I agree fully on your views of the crutch called God. Most people - due to ignorance rely on this convenient crutch. Education - not the MDs, MBAs etc - is required and that happens only by the indivduals own rationality and soul searching.

Related Posts with Thumbnails