Friday, July 11, 2008

If wishes were horses.......

Very impulsively in January this year I went to meet my childhood friend Amita. I met her after almost fifteen years. She couldnt get over the fact that I went all the way to Calcutta to only meet her, spending so much money. We relived our days of childhood and youth. Remembering this that and the other. Those two days will remain etched in my memory forever. I was so happy. Amita reminded me that while in college I used to say that all the wishes of a person should not be fulfilled just for the asking. I used to think that if all desires were fulfilled so easily then there would be nothing left to desire, which would make life so dull and boring. If there is nothing more to wish for - life would come to a standstill. No challenge would remain.

Surprisingly, I still believe in that philosophy. One should live well, but aspiration, hope, and dreams must remain.

Money should be enough to live a good happy life. It should not be so much that one would start looking for ways to spend it. It shouldnt be so much that one would want to find activities to spend that money on. There is so much want and poverty in this world, that every day is a struggle for so many.

I wish to have peace of mind. I wish to be satisfied with what I have. I wish to lead a meaningful life. I wish that I can make a difference to the lives of those who I come in contact with.

I wish to continue to enjoy a walk in the rain. See the lovely smiles of my dear grand children. When their faces light up on seeing me-thats my reward. If I can soothe a few ruffled feathers and make someones life more comfortable-I would be happy.

I wish to remain a seeker. I wish that my thirst for knowledge never ends.

I wish that I remain interested in all things happening around me.

I wish to always remain reasonable, rational and real.

I wish that I never have to resort to dishonesty - for anything.

I would love to listen to and sing beautiful songs.

I want to remain in good health, and not be a burden on anyone.

I have always been able to get whatever I desired.

I wish that all these desires of mine be fulfilled.

1 comment:

triloki nagpal said...

Yes - the little joys of life are most important. Remember to smell the flowers as you move on in the fast pace of the world

Related Posts with Thumbnails