Thursday, July 24, 2008

Enjoy life

It's amazing to watch the sun set at 9.15 pm. I am in the capital city of the empire where the sun never used to set. Those halycon days are over, so the sun does set, even though at a much later hour than what I am used to. In India the sun sets around 6.30 in the evening.

The evenings are so pleasant here, and the parks are full of people, some walking, some running and some out with their children. Yesterday there was an elderly couple at the park with their children. It was really nice to watch the parents enjoy themselves on the slides as well as the swings. Its seldom that older people let go of their inhibitions and get in the spirit of childhood.

I saw a show of Charlie & Lola at the Polka Theatre in Wimbledon today with my grand children. It was really an interesting experience. I, who used to be so serious, immersed all the time in my work, planning the strategies and the actions that were to be taken the next day, enjoying children's theatre!!! Working in a Bank and managing a branch is a tough job. I always was thinking of ways to get the people to work and also to be more involved and interested in their work. Meeting my budgets and making profit for the bank was my life's ambition. Today, my biggest challenges are to manage my grandkids and to make sure that there are no tears, or at least as few as is possible. Life seems to have suddenly taken a turn and I seem to be living life and enjoying my everyday.

It doesn't feel like drudgery. My next day doesnt seem like a challenge. I dont have to keep firefighting all the time!!!

Yes, life can be like that too.

Happy, carefree, simple and beautiful.

I saw Mamma Mia-another feel good movie. Made me feel really good to be at the age where I am. If I want, I can really live my life with happiness. Its all in my mind, how I live and make the most of everything. Nobody's life is perfect, yet one can either cry or laugh at the situation. We can either look at the spilt milk and mourn the loss or simply clean the mess and move on. Only a lesson can be learnt, so that the milk doesn't spill again.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails