Friday, September 30, 2016

A STATE OF MIND.

As I look for happiness, it eludes me, like a game of hide and seek,
One moment I catch it and then that moment is gone forever.

I look at an infant who gurgles at me,
Looks constantly without blinking an eye,
It fills me with a radiance because he liked me,
With all my blemishes, warts and colour.

That moment of happiness remains in my heart as a memory,
Although that moment has gone forever.

I sit and wait for happiness to come to me,
But it evades me like my shadow as evening approaches.
Can I  be happy by myself?
Alone, forlorn, waiting for happiness to strike?

Then comes the Eureka moment when I realise,
I am that unaware musk deer,
It is my own radiance which spreads to the rainbow,
It is my own fragrance which reaches the moon,
It is the joy that I myself spread,
Which gets reflected in the eyes of that little child.

Where was I seeking happiness, looking for it?
It was all along lying within me,
I am the source of my own happiness,
The more I spread it the more I beget it.
Happiness is after all only a state of my mind.





4 comments:

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Gulshan Dhingra said,"A beautiful write up indeed !
Every minute spent in anger is a minute of happiness lost...!!"

Sublimation said...

It's uncanny how we do share similar thoughts. Very sensitively written, a definite shift once again from your 'Macabre Musings'. I am giving a link to a post of mine 'In Pursuit of Happiness' posted in November 2011, would like you to go through it.
http://subbusg.blogspot.in/2011/11/in-pursuit-of-happiness.html

Chaitali Nagpal Hireker said...

Amazing how you write what I need to read.
Very well written about the state of our minds.

Unknown said...

Very nicely written......loved it

Related Posts with Thumbnails