Friday, September 16, 2016

CLUTTER

As I was cleaning out a cup board which has the curious habit of getting untidy faster than the time it takes for me to tidy it up, a multitude of thoughts went through my mind.
From where did all this clutter come up? In all these years of living all that I have accumulated is clutter?
Clutter here, clutter there and clutter, clutter everywhere!
How do I get rid of it?

My mind says throw some away, give some away, just go on with the distribution.
As now all that I need is some time and also some peace of mind,
I need to be able to rest and look at empty space.

Old clothes are just like memories stored away.
My precious sarees, my  children's uniforms with scribbles of their friends which were once such treasures lie in an almirah, which I fondly attend to. Every once in a while I take out all the clothes, sun them out and fold them back. Put some naphthalene balls, wrap them carefully so that moths stay away.

Life I feel now is all about saving memories.
Refreshing , sunning and putting them back again.

What do I do with the clutter? I do not have the heart to give them away.
What do I do?
Tell me pray!

1 comment:

Deepak Menon said...

Oh Varsha, one can never throw away memories and things which keep alive. I think we have literally tons of things around the house with every nook and corner filled, but have no time to sort them out and either throw or give them away .. so you are one of many!
I've decided to leave the job for posterity ha ha
Take care and love on
Deepak

Related Posts with Thumbnails