Thursday, December 31, 2015

NEW YEAR, NAYA SAAL, ONCE MORE, ENCORE!








THE ASTRONOMICAL CLOCK AT PRAGUE, MADE IN 1410 AD.


 As another year goes by, 
We all reflect, 
Upon what we achieved and what we didn't. 
What we gained- was it mainly weight?

What we saw and what we didn't,
Missed the sunrise or sunset?
What did YOU do you good for nothing, god forsaken human?
Did you, didn't you, did you????

Ah! remorse fills me, guilt fills me,
I feel so horrible for having lost time and tide,
As they wait for no man and woman too!
Ah! what should I do for lost time?

Lament and regret and make promises...new resolutions?
The first resolution is to loose weight.... 
Don't laugh, I promise, honest, my word of honour!
Aha! But, Wait, weight, sorry wait!

31st December 2016 is not too far away, 
Just 52 Sundays and we'll be there,
These words will still ring true even then,
As these words just cannot be wished away.

So my dear friend, lament NOT,
Khush  Raho, Mast Raho, Aish karo, 
Zindagi toh milni nahi dobara, 
Isi liye, 
Bus Jio, jeete raho, aise hi, 
Jaise jeena jante ho.

Now for the quintessential message,
"Nit naya din Mubarak,
Naya Saal Mubarak,

3 comments:

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Abhijit Das said,"Nice way of saying happy new year. I wish happy new year to you and your family."

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Sk Kapoor said," Yes you are right that 31st December 2016. is not for away .Today Ist day of week will pass,similarly First week and so on 52 weeks.Some time feel what I am doing for society,but next moment thought comes is this society deserve for whom I should do any thing.Wish you happy New year."

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Sudeshna Chakraborti said,"Very thought provoking and warm at the same time. Thank you Varsha. Hope you will have creatively satisfying 2016. Keep well".

Related Posts with Thumbnails