Saturday, December 17, 2011

LATA-MY FRIEND


I wish you could read what I wrote for you ae dost,
I will miss you, I can't tell you how much mere dost.
You were me, I could see myself in you,
You were me, I could relate to you,
You have taken me away from my own self,
I will miss what  you have taken away with you,
My laughter, my funny soul,
My jovial friend,
My support, my strength, my little guardian angel,
You were my refuge,
The one who gave me shelter in times of distress,
 You took me under your wing in times of my stress,
Did you know it's been 36 long years my friend?

Today I look at you and cherish your friendship.
Your laughter, your calling out to me,
Varsha, kab aayegi? Aa ja na!
Lata, I will miss you everyday of my life,
Lata, my soulmate,
Remain with me in a corner of my heart.
I will enshrine your memory and your infectious laughter,
Mere dost, you were with me, always,
You will still be with me in my heart forever! 

1 comment:

Neena Gulati said...

A very touching tribute.
Neena

Related Posts with Thumbnails