Friday, December 9, 2011

GRATITUDE

MY SECOND BIRTHDAY


Sitting in a room with my mother, I reflect upon life.
Life has come a full circle.
My mother looked after me, she made me what I am.
Today I look after her, as best as I can.
My values, my beliefs, my destination, me....all molded by my parents.
Had my parents not put me in the school that I went to, I would have been different.
Had they not told me that I have to stand on my own two feet, I would have been different.
Had they not insisted that in this wide world I have to find my own niche, I would have been lost.
Had they not provided me with food, education, values, and the direction to follow the right path, I would have been different.
Today, when I see her, still trying to show me the path, I marvel at how much a parent does for their children.
I hope all children would realise that had it not been for parents sacrifices we would not have been enjoying our life, as we do today.
Time goes by.life goes by, we move on.
Spend some time to reflect upon all those who made you what you are today.
Instead of remembering those who harmed us and gave us grief, let us remember those who made us laugh, who lit our way.
Those who rejoiced with us,those who put up with us.
Those who loved us with all our faults.
Those who stood by us come what may.
Say thank you while you can.
Feel grateful while you can.
Show them your love, while you can.
I with my grand daughters and mother

2 comments:

triloki nagpal said...

Short and sweet - very well expressed.

Ranjana Bharij said...

Very well said Varsha...I couldn't agree with you more. It is a hard reality that most people do not express their love and gratitude for their parents when they are still alive. They only realise their absence when they are gone forever. But then it is too late. Let us all resolve to express our love, afection and respect for our parents when they can feel it. Your parents are lucky to have a daughter like you, Varsha.

Related Posts with Thumbnails