Saturday, March 8, 2014

EVERY WOMAN'S LAMENT.




One day when I am no more,
Will you think of me?
As that shouting creature, who was always sore?
Will you remember me as the wretch who never let you be?

Will you lament my passing?
Or will you be relieved that she no longer exists,
The one who raised the battle flag,
The one who made you always be on your defensive?

The one you loved to batter always,
With words, with jibes, and with sarcasm?
The one you ridiculed, called a nag,
My concern and care always expected without a tag!
I am the butt of jokes,
Either called a harridan or a blonde,
You could never see the tears behind that smile,
Could never see the hurt at very jibe?

I was burned at the stake,
I was pawned in a game,
I hid my tears 
Only shared your pain 
Will you for once take away those dark glasses,
And see for yourself clearly what was always distorted ?
Will you then shed a tear of repentance?
Will you ever feel gratitude?


It will be too late even if you do,
Your voice, that tear will never reach me!
Will I ever know?? 
No, never,no!

1 comment:

Sublimation said...

First does it really matter what you are thought of once you are no more?
Second, do all women feel the same way? I do not think so.
The feelings expressed here indicate self doubt and guilt. There is also a fear that one may leave this world unwanted and misunderstood.
An air of despondency pervades this poem.

Related Posts with Thumbnails