Sunday, January 26, 2014

A SPECIAL INDULGENCE!



LIFE'S INDULGENCE!

The giggles of my  grand daughter,
Fills my heart with laughter,
She comes down with a game and says "Sur-pri-se"!
She teaches me all the rules,
I nod and we begin to   play,
She can cheat, she can bend the rules,
She can count fast and take double turns,
When I have to count,
She complains,"Daaadi, noooooo, count slower"!
I SMILE

I smile and appear very tame,
I allow her to win every game,
Then I wonder what am I up to,
I cannot let her get away with cheating,
What is she learning,
What am I teaching?























Then I quickly gather my wits around me,
We are having fun at our pace,
Let her parents teach her about the race,
The right and the wrong,
The fair and the unfair,
I taught my children the rules,
Didn't I?
So let my children teach their young ones,
Let me indulge while the parents are away,
Games that I never played in this way,
We cheat, we play, we laugh and we live,
Harbour happiness which that  moment gives

5 comments:

Sublimation said...

We do reserve a special indulgence for our grandchildren. It is they who fulfill our emotional needs as we start to age and also we now have all the time to observe and revel in
the subtle transformations that occur in the process of their growth. I understand your sentiments.

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Bhuma Srinivasan said on Facebook," Of course I do".

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Rita Bhatnagar said on Facebook," Beautiful heart warming lines sure to bring a smile on ones face.I share the sentiments ,as some has said grandchildren are your vitamins calcium, minerals and what have you.Bless them !!!"

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Bala Vasan said on Facebook," As a grandmother, I identify with the poem; 100%."

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Chaitali Nagpal Hireker said on Facebook, "Hmmmm....Varsha Uke Nagpal....so this is where the 'spoiling' comes from...you're a chip of the old block I guess...we got spoilt...now it's ur turn to spoil" ️️

Related Posts with Thumbnails