Thursday, April 14, 2011

BEAUTY

Cinderella's castle
Beauty they say is skin deep. I say beauty is within. It has nothing to do with what your appearance is like. You may look beautiful, gorgeous, attractive and what not to people who look at you. How beautiful you are depends upon the substance that is within. No amount of beautification, make up, artistry, can cover the hatred, deceit, greed and ugliness that often lies within the inner self of a person.
I write this as, I appear to have suddenly discovered an inner eye, with which I am able to see the world as it really is.
I have started seeing people and my own self as I am. Did I truly decide to get surrounded by all this? Where did my beautiful world vanish? Why have I got clear eyes to see all those warts, corns, potholes and blemishes? My vision has also shown me that we are the ones who create our own world. We make it beautiful or ugly, as we want it to be. We reap as we sow. In my own life and time I did think that I was sowing seeds of happiness and contentment. Somehow, I did not see the littering that I was causing in my path of progress. I was responsible for turning my world into this mass of imperfection.
Can I ever turn the clock back? Can I help my world become beautiful once again? Can I do something, to change my world back to its tranquil, beautiful, comfortable shape?
I wonder!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails