Wednesday, November 4, 2009

THREE YEARS SINCE...






































Once upon a time 4th of November was just another day. The year 2006 changed it for me, forever. Last year I travelled from Boston to London on this day. Year before last I was in Delhi, and it was a function organised in memory of my father who had died just a year back. The year before that I was in London enjoying fireworks at Streatham Common-an annual event for Guy Fawkes night. The fireworks display was very beautiful, spectacular, dazzling, and absolutely out of this world!! Was it the herald of something great passing by? When a spectacular event takes place in the starry skies, the beauty of the sky is a treat to see. Was that dazzling breath taking fireworks the signal to me that an era of my life was ending? The most benevolent, caring, loving, considerate, friend, philosopher and guide of my life was going away. Was this his way of saying goodbye? Did he always want me to remember him as that spectacular show of brilliance, the light in the dark sky? He was the beacon which illuminated my way. His brilliance shone through every darkness in the world. Would the darkness of ignorance, disappear with his spectacular fireworks? What was it daddy, why was I given this opportunity to always remember your last day on this earth with this vision of a spectacular show for everyone to see?
Today, I have completed three years of my life without the help, support and guidance of my father. I was told, time heals. I know better. Time does not heal. It only allows you to manage to move on. Even if you remain stationary, the earth moves and along with the earth, we also move on. Healing is difficult, forgetting is impossible. Nothing heals, we only accept change and try to move on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

.....You dont have to forget.
Embrace the pain- its worth all the memories.

Raja Hireker said...

Varsha, you are now the guide to others. With the wisdom and equipment uncle gave you, it cannot be squandered and mismanaged.

There's a duty and obligation for you, me, all of us who have been touched by this sweet, loving caring man, to take what he gave us, and use it for good in the world.

Your father, my uncle - he lit the world for us and his wisdom lamp will never ever diminish.

Only WE will - if we don't live as he wanted us to live, laugh as he wanted us to laugh, share as he wanted us to share.

Related Posts with Thumbnails