Saturday, June 21, 2008

PAST AND PRESENT

Yesterday someone said , "Be happy in the present". It was a short message, but made my thoughts go rolling. We all tend to live in the past, we keep going back over and over again. Mostly talking about how good the earlier times were, the living conditions, the values of life, the prices, the music and even the weather.

All that one remembers is the good times we had.

We also wish for things that we could or should have done. I wish I had done that, or I wish I had not said that, or I wish the "guzra hua zamana" would come back. We seldom think or give value to the present, which is soon going to become the past. The same past which we will soon be lamenting. My all time favourite song in Hindi is "Aane wala pal jaane wala hai, ho sake to isme zindagi bita do, pal jo ye jaane wala hai." Its from an all time favourite movie too-Golmaal. The song very beautifully gives you the message of time- fleeting time. Time and tide wait for no man, its so true - it actually doesnt. We keep waiting for the right and opportune time to say something, do something. We just keep waiting - often "THAT"time never comes. Its perhaps correct to say that the Right time is NOW. What happens in the next moment, is not known to anyone.

Life needs to be lived and enjoyed, every moment of it. Each day brings us a new opportunity. A new reason to live, smile and go ahead and fulfil our dreams, and desires. Do that which one couldnt earlier. Go out in the world, get fresh air, breathe deeply - look at nature - its beautiful and it's free.

Even a dark gloomy day can become bright, if we look at it differently. A few days back, while looking out of the window, and seeing the dark clouds and gloomy grey colours of the sky outside my grand daughter Aaliya, who is four years old said, "Maybe the sun has come out, but is hiding behind the clouds." It was such a fresh way of looking at things. Even the darkest and gloomiest of days can turn around by our thoughts and new perspective.

Living and understanding today and now is important. Enjoy while one can.

Change is imperative, it happens all the time. In fact the only constant thing in our life is change!! It is for me to adapt to the changing times. Move on, with the times. Resurrect myself. Renew and understand the change. Instead of lamenting lost opportunities and lost times, making my today a moment worthy of being remembered tomorrow is how I would like to spend my today.

I share my thoughts, as sometimes simple thoughts do change a few perspectives.

I dont want to sound like a preacher, yet would like to say, go ahead and say what you wanted to say, do what you wanted to do. Live today, enjoy your present. Dont harp upon your past, nor keep waiting for the opportune time. The opportune time is NOW.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails