Monday, April 1, 2019

ON ALL FOOLS DAY

Flowers are very powerful. They brighten up my mornings with their amazing colours, freshness and beauty. 
I can happily spend my time looking at the beauty of flowers, touch their petals, water the plant or just be by them. 
They bloom, bring joy, cheer and then just as quickly wither away, leaving behind dried petals and seeds. The dried flowers take away the smile from my face as I walk into the garden in the morning and see that yesterdays bloom has already departed.

Just like that time actually has a speed of its own. I am not propounding a theory, philosophy or study, this is just my own experience which makes the words appear on my computer screen. My fingers seem to have a mind of their own, they go on fast on the keyboard without a glance at poor old me who was planning to write something else.
Well, never mind, as long as it is worth your time, and you continue to read, I am happy.

So every morning as I wake up, I think of the glorious day ahead of me which I plan to spend in doing a million things, like clearing away the clutter from my desk, tidy up that almirah which surprisingly has limitless capacity and can accommodate each and everything that I buy impulsively. Nothing gets discarded, nothing gets thrown away.  What if I lose weight and can fit into the clothes that I wore ten years ago. Fashion, did you say? Don't bother, fashion has a way of returning and even if it didn't..I was never a slave to fashion. So that stays, and that stays and yet another one stays.

As the day goes by, I sit down with that ubiquitous cup of tea, which I actually do not enjoy any longer, except that it is a habit which refuses to go. Those beautiful cups bought with a lot of care, give me a lot of cheer even if the tea does not. I love coffee but then I read somewhere that it raises blood pressure and I do not want to go that way, as I am told high BP is a silent killer and I do not want to die unsung and in silence.
I have noticed that with all that immense knowledge floating around on the net, I at least am doomed to die of knowledge overflow. Drink tea, don't drink tea, drink green tea, don't eat fruit with cooked food, don't drink water with food, don't walk after eating, don't take a morning walk early in winter, don't this, don't that and don't everything else.

Once upon a time, long, long ago life was simple. One had to look up Encyclopaedia Brittanica for different answers. The Encyclopaedia  was gargantuan, not easily found and therefore quite unapproachable. Now life is much more complex than a jig saw puzzle, which refuses to get solved, because there are so many possible solutions, and I do not have the capacity to pick up the  correct solution for my problem.

I suddenly look out of the window and notice that the sun has almost gone halfway across the sky and is fast moving on towards the west. My day which had hardly begun is almost over. That desk to clear, that almirah to tidy up, will have to wait for another day.

There is another thought that I have to share with you.  I have found that my opinions, my thoughts, my beliefs have become very outdated, redundant and uncalled for. What I say usually is met with a strong negative response. When this pattern began, I blamed it on the people around me, who I decided were negative, until I discovered that the negative response was coming from different people, at different fora, and on different topics. 
Obviously, I deduced, I have got dated.
So today has been a landmark day in my life, even if it is "All Fools Day" today.
Wisdom has dawned on me and, on this day I begin my journey to discover a monument called Varsha.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails