Tuesday, November 4, 2014

4th Of November





Another year goes by and the 4th of November arrives.
Time has not and will not stop till I die,
We all come one day and one day depart forever,
We leave our mark etched in some minds forever.

There are words, that loud laughter, that sense of humor,
That finger clutching mine never letting me wander,
Taking me forward, goading me on,
Always showing me right from wrong,

I remember your voice on the tele -phone,
It was always "Uke here" never a hello,
You always said respond properly, identify who you are,
Let there be no suspense, and no awe,

Talk clearly, slow and complete,
Let there never be any ambiguity,
Don't get impatient,
Everyone is differently abled,

Let there be compassion, patience, in your demeanor,
Forgive people, teach them,
Be caring, have karuna,
Be generous, share as you have the power to give,
Are some teachings, that are etched forever in me, 

Remembering the way you called me "Varshaaaa"
Father dear father,
Still brings peace, security and serenity to me,
These words that I write so well today,
Are your gift to me in your fare well.

Miss you a lot Daddy, but try to be peaceful and calm,
Even 4th of November, I try to face with élan. 




1 comment:

Ranjana Bharij said...

Very touching! True tribute to a father from his daughter.

Related Posts with Thumbnails