Sunday, August 4, 2013

My friend!


I do have friends,
Some old and some new,
Those that are old are a part of my life,
I think of them in my moments of stress,
I remember them in those moments when life becomes a long stretch,
Somewhere, in a corner of my heart, reside my friends,

In those moments of sorrow,
Of defeat, of  struggle,
 In those moments when I wonder was it really worth it,
My friend suddenly calls me from out of the blue,
Was it telepathy? Did you know I needed you?

That is a friend who remains with me,
In thought, in that bear hug,  in memory,
Where I am told, Come, come varsha, You are so good,
Forget those who hurt you, forget those who don't care,
Forget those who only take and leave you with despair.

You are you and so live life with yourself.
Be your own friend as that is the way to happiness.
Support yourself as there will be no one other than  you,
 Believe in your "khud" because that is your strength,
My true friend I know is only me,
It is in reality all within me!

8 comments:

Sublimation said...

I liked what you have written. In the journey of life we meet many but only some come along with us and a few stay till the end. Each one enriches your life. Your last stanza however moves away from the tone of the previous ones with the realisation that in the end you are with yourself only.

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Ashok Gupta said," That is great Varsha. And I feel happy to count myself as a friend. Thanks"

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Bal Gupta said,"A friendly Hug!"

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Kohli Amarjit said," Being at peace with YOURSELF is the Golden key to a happy life.......!"

Ranjana Bharij said...

Jab khud se dosti karlo tabhi is reality ka pat chalta hai. It is great to have friends but nothing like your own self which holds in times of pain and strife. Well expressed Varsha!

Nisheeth Srivastava said...

Would you say a friend and a companion are the same or are they different? I'd argue you need friends outside of you while you keep yourself company.

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Gopa Roy said,"very nicely written. mujhime chupa hai tu ai dost"

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Prithviraj bannerji said,"Nice muse on Friendship day, Aunty. I too believe that my true friend and guide is within me."

Related Posts with Thumbnails