Tuesday, March 26, 2013

FIND A SONG FOR ME!

THIS POSTER IS ON TOP OF MOUNT TITLIS IN SWITZERLAND.
A song is all that I seek,
A sweet, melodious song,
Sung in a soulful voice,
A song which will make me sing with it,
In my untrained and rough voice.

I love  melody, I love  words,
I love the emotion that comes with a song,
A nostalgic song of times gone by,
A lovely song of times to come,
Showing me a rainbow and the birds sitting on a line,
Chirping, singing and flying away,
Always together, chatting away.
A song telling me of clouds which give me shade,
Of lovely stars, the moon, and the lovely breeze,
A song that will  make me happy and chirpy,
And make my feet tap all by themselves,
Which will make my fingers drum on the table, 
And then make me sing with abandon, 


I am sure I will love that song,
I am still looking for it,
Any idea? Where could it be?

5 comments:

Sublimation said...

I can immediately think of 'These are a few of my favourite things' sung by Julie Andrews in the film 'The Sound of Music'. but on a more soulful note it is Wordsworth's The Solitary Reaper'

No Nightingale did ever chaunt
More welcome notes to weary bands
Of travellers in some shady haunt,
Among Arabian sands:
A voice so thrilling ne'er was heard
In spring-time from the Cuckoo-bird,
Breaking the silence of the seas
Among the farthest Hebrides.4341

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

GS Subbu, As usual your comments are very apt and pertinent. Thank you ever so much!

Pijush Das said...

In your heart

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Sangeta Florence Sebastian,"Good one, Varsha. Loved yr Poetic side."

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Ranjana Bharij said,"Very intense poem, Varsha Uke Nagpal. How many things do you do and all so very well "

Related Posts with Thumbnails