Tuesday, January 15, 2013

SOME MORE QUESTIONS!



My life is a vast canvas,
I should be able to color it, paint it as I want to,
 Have colours of love, peace, freedom and beauty.

But in my life I have been  told to follow guidelines, 
I am given a set of rules and a few home truths. 

Mother says you are a girl, be careful,
Father says it is unsafe outside,
Come back home, before it is too dark,
Brother says stay away from my friends,
Sister says,watch out and stay away from flirty forties uncle,
Someone says beware of uncles who want to hold your hand and read your palm.
It is all about don't believe this and beware of that.
Be careful,
Be scared, beware.



Does anyone teach us to trust?
Does anyone give us assurance?
Does anyone say you are safe?
Does anyone say live with confidence?
Does anyone say,"Don't glance back, no one is following you,
Don't be afraid to be yourself, live your life."


It is my life, I live only once,
So why can't I live without fear?
Why do I need to be scared, wary and cautious?
Why can I not live the life of a free bird, who can soar the skies and come back home as confident, secure and happy as when I left in the morning?
Why does every dark alley, every stranger, every corner 
gives me the creeps?
Why is my world so insecure? 

11 comments:

Ranjana Bharij said...

Kaash in sawalon ka jawab kisi ke paas hota. Mere paas to nahin hai.

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Kohli Amajeet said,"Sorry, some questions are best left unanswered.....!

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Kohli Amarjit said," Questions raised are quite valid ... and a sad commentary on the times we are living in......!"

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Pattabhi Raman Said,"“Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it."

"Are you saying we shouldn't hope?"

"I'm saying we should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open!”

― Margaret Weis"

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Seema Kumar said," this is the ugly truth of life,the morals have taken such a plunge down that we have no answers to such questions,even i have a question.when will this world be a better place to live?"

B.K. ARORA said...

After this long journey of life, every one has answers of these questions. But we do not want to answer them because they are no different than what we were told by our mother, father, brothers, sisters etc. We wish change the atmosphere, but there seems no hope, as the dark is becoming darker.

Sublimation said...

Your questions concern the process of growing up, learning and maturing into an individual. There is no denying the fact that we grow up holding our parents hands, they are our first teachers and they perform a necessary role. We continue learning through our sensual experiences in the external world till we are faced with the question of the impermanence of our very existence. That is when we start asking the question ‘Who am I’ which was the subject of your last posting. Buddha asked the question, Ramana Maharishi asked the question and they found the answer within themselves. You said that ‘It is my life’ and ended the posting asking ‘why is my world so insecure?’ so you have to find the answer from within yourself. Every Individual faces these questions at some point or the other in life when he is faced with his own Sisyphean situation. You may recollect the posting in my blog ‘Illusions’ that is my take on life.

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Kadayam Vaikuntam said, " I read the problem as being more prosaic. A practical problem. It is not about something happening in the mind. The spirit is willing but the flesh - the flesh is not weak but is told that it is weak. It is about executionary capability. Imagine the painter as a young girl. The pictures arise in her eye and she paints them there. But when it comes to actually painting, father says we have many expenses for your brothers education and cant afford your paints and brushes. The art teacher lives a mile away, has a day job, and the girl cant go for evening classes. It is the body that can get the soul's job done and if society does not allow the body to go about this job of what use are the soul and the mind - jangal me mor naachcha kisi ne na dekha"

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Pattabhi raman said," KV: It is this suppressed rebellion that probably finds expression at some point in one's life, either in a costructive or destructive way, as GS has mentioned.."

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

I am so flattered when I see the great ones talking on a much higher plain than I could even imagine! Thanks a million dear friends. I am absolutely floored

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Pattabhi Raman said,"Varshaji, You dont know your own potential.. Let this discovery lead you to more and more creative efforts.."

Related Posts with Thumbnails