Wednesday, May 16, 2012

MY LANDMARK DATE!

1ST BIRTHDAY
There are certain dates in every ones life which stand out as landmarks. They are dates which mean a lot to US. 15th of May is one such date which stands out in the calendar of my memory.
Although a long time has gone by, a lot more things have happened, more landmark dates have been created, yet this date stands out as an extremely important date for me.
I remember the events of that date as if they took place only yesterday. In fact my memory is so sharp that I can actually replay the whole scene in my own mind like a film.
NOW
THEN














I love this date and always think of it fondly.
Dates are memories and memories are what life is made up of.
Time passes, we move on, before one realizes it youth turns to middle age, and slowly one moves towards the position of being a senior citizen.
In these days when 60 is the new 40, people of my age actually have to keep reminding ourselves that we are now senior citizens. We keep telling ourselves that we need to slow down. Really? Do we need to?
Those who need to, will feel it in their bones. Those who can walk a mile without a trace of fatigue need not slow down.
As my little son Anurag grew up, I too grew older. It was on the day he finished his 12th class finals, as I was going back home from State Bank Staff College, Gurgaon, it suddenly struck me that my little son was no longer going to be the little boy who would keep asking me things, who would keep seeking permission.
16TH BIRTHDAY
I realized that he was now ready to step out into the world. He would from now onwards be on his own and would be able to take decisions on his own. From now on he was of the world and no longer just my son. My heart actually missed a beat. I had not realised till then that so many years had gone by and  so much time had elapsed.
I had  not realised till then that happy times just fly past very fast. All that remains are memories. I remember all those many years, when feverish activity was part of my life from the 1st of May onwards. I would be inviting people, arranging the party, buying return gifts, getting new clothes stitched, getting stuff for the party, cooking, decorating, and then waiting for the guests to arrive. Even in the scorching heat of Chandigarh, then the milder evenings of Hyderabad and then the extremely hot evenings of Delhi, Anurag's birthday used to be a big event. We had so much fun. The looking out for gifts and handing over the return gifts and the great excitement to open the gifts, was what fabulous memories are made of!
NASHUA 2011
In the last six years I was always in Nashua and celebrated the day  with Anurag, Jharna and their gorgeous daughter Aaria. Jharna and I would think of gifts to get for Anurag, but this year I and TNN are in Delhi. Although we are separated by thousands of miles, many seas, oceans and land, yet as the mind travels fast, we are with Anurag. 
Our wishes are always with him. Anurag is the best son that one could wish to have, I and Triloki are extremely proud of him. Chaitali his little sister thinks he is the best brother. My mother thinks that Anurag is the ultimate. Indeed Anurag,for us you are the BEST!
Many happy returns of the DAY Anurag. May you live to be a hundred and three, it's a hap, hap, happy birthday, a hap, happy birthday to you. 

NASHUA 2010.

4 comments:

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Baalki said,"While visiting down your memory lane, i got lost in my own an d was inunDATED with emotions and reminiscences.

Thanks.

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Shipra Pandey Sharma said,"What should i say aunti, reading your experience shaked me, as one day i have also to pass from the same situation, its easy to be a mother but wat to do with the emotions which are floating inside. Ur article left me crying.love."

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

Jharna Madan said,"Aweeeeee
Very nice ma
We celebrate when u r here
Big hug"

Unknown said...

Thanks mom. It seems similar to me with Aaria, on a smaller scale at this time...

Related Posts with Thumbnails