Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Life's Like That!

CASUALLY-1987



In school I was the youngest girl in my class. In College too I was the youngest and therefore, no one really wanted to befriend me. In youth one has a lot of secrets, and a lot of curiosity and lots of day dreams and lots of new ideas! Life is one blissful state of the mind. None of the girls wished to include me in their secret meets. I was always told to go away. When I passed out from College, I was just 17 years old. Delhi University admitted a student at the age of 18 for pursuing a post graduation degree. Therefore I had to spend one full year whiling away my time. I found a job as a Nursery school teacher with the added responsibility of teaching spoken English to adult students.
From toddlers to middle aged students, some house wives, some socialites, some foreign students who were not fluent in English, were all my students!
The tiny little babies were very sweet. They loved class. They loved me. They were very very cute.
As I look back upon that time I can't stop laughing about all those times when I used to inflate my age, so that the older girls in my class would make me their friend and share their secrets with me.
Now the time has come when the first strand of gray hair makes me run to camouflage that colour with some chemical which can restore my youthful look!
Time puts everything in the correct perspective and now there is nothing but laughter at my own expense. I laugh out when I think how we run after what we don't have. We want to look older when we are very young, and we want to look younger when we become old!
WISHING AT TREVI FOUNTAIN ROME -2010
Crazy...is that what comes to your mind? Awwww, never mind, Life's like that!

1 comment:

Ranjana Bharij said...

So very true..First we inflate our age,later we camouflage it..at times we boast of it also.Earlier, women were supposed to be hiding their age. Now men also do that. Yes, life is like that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails